As a Muslim, I’m sick of people asking me how I feel about 9/11. What do you want me to say, seriously? Do you want me to say, “It was a great plan, mwahahaha!” before I fly off on a magic carpet?
I was born and raised in this country and was just as shocked as everyone else to learn there were people on this earth so vile as to commit such a horrific attack - or to even think about doing it.
But I didn’t do it. Neither did 99.999999999 percent of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who also call themselves Muslims. So why should I or any other Muslim apologize for what happened? Nickleback is planning on releasing another album. Should I ask white people to apologize for that?"
I am going to reblog this quote every year.
I think I’ll stay here for 3ishyears, til I finish undergrad, and then nutrition college. But I won’t live here forever. I’m not even Canadian so apart from my friends, there’s not much holding me here. I’d love to move to somewhere warmer like California. But New York City or Boston would be sweet. I’d also like to move back to Europe at some point. I’m definitely down to live a life where I move around a lot, like my parents.
You not finding me attractive is not going to stop me from being attractive.
I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU KEEP THIS MINDSET YOU WILL GET SOOO MUCH CONFIDENCE
- Ummmmm if I had known you guys were gonna be reblogging my 🍂🍁Fall Plans post I wouldn’t have included that slut-related comment😑
- I just realized that my weather app was still set to Athens🌞, which explains why I have been under-dressed and freezing all week👙⛄️
- I spent my life savings💰 on text books 📚today :(
- Every time the prof asked a question today in class, I knew the answer but wouldn’t put my hand up because it’s scary as balls😖. So my goal is to put my hand up at least once🙋 next time.
- Going to my night class 🌙📓and then meeting Leila for hot chocolate + chatting time ☕️👭
— Pema Chödrön (via purplebuddhaproject)